WBS-2400 Sector Base Station
Wavion WBS-2400 Sector base station is a new addition to Wavion¡¯s advanced broadband base station portfolio, which operates in the 2.4 GHz unlicensed band.
Based on an array of 3 antennas covering a 120¡Æ sector and 3 radios, the WBS-2400 Sector leverages Wavion¡¯s beamforming technology to provide extended range and superior connectivity in both Line-of-Sight (LOS) and Non-Line-of-Sight (NLOS) conditions.
Furthermore, Wavion¡¯s advanced SDMA technology doubles the base station¡¯s downlink capacity. These unmatched characteristics enable service providers, municipalities, and enterprises to deliver high quality, Wi-Fi service with significantly fewer base stations at a much lower cost.
Beamforming technology .
The WBS-2400 Sector base station is the ideal solution for Wi-Fi deployments that require sector coverage.
Based on Wavion¡¯s unique and powerful spatially adaptive beamforming technology, and operating with any off-the-shelf 802.11b/g standard based clients, the WBS-2400 Sector provides significant performance gains in terms of range, throughput, indoor penetration and interference mitigation.
This enables service providers to offer highly cost effective Wi-Fi service without
Wavion Sector Base Station 2400 compromising quality.
• Extended range
Triple the range in comparison to conventional access points.
• Uniform coverage
Wavion beamforming technology maintains high quality signals in NLOS conditions, the uniform coverage of the entire area creates a larger addressable market per base station.
• Better indoors penetration
The superior link gain enables better penetrations into buildings
• Increased throughput
The superior link gain provides higher throughput and enables larger network capacity. Furthermore, the SDMA technology doubles the downlink capacity per base
• Superior interference mitigation
The inherent spatial filtering of the beamforming technology and the unique dynamic interference handling capabilities ensure good operation even in noisy environments.
• Cost effective
The increased addressable market per base station, coupled with the cheaper CPEs, resulting from he better indoor penetration provide the lowest cost per line solution.
• Carrier grade
Robust and weatherproof IP-67 platform, designed to withstand extreme weather
Wavion beamforming technology focuses the energy to and from the client, on a per-packet basis. This focusing process increases significantly the link gain and the interference resiliency of the base station.
Moreover, while conventional Wi-Fi technology suffers from the destructive effect of multipath propagation, Wavion¡¯s digital beamforming technology exploits multipath to its advantage by coherently combining the signals along the different propagation paths to the client.
The WBS-2400 Sector base station has been optimized to for a wide range of applications including:
• Business connectivity
• Public safety (video over wireless)
• VoIP / Rural connectivity
• Internet to schools and communities
• Residential access
• Building coverage
Wavion¡¯s WBS-2400 Sector base station is ideal for suburban and urban installations.
When properly installed, the WBS-2400 Sector can provide wide sector coverage for indoors CPEs and mobile users. It can also be used for indoors coverage of large buildings such as hotels.
The sector range can be further extended by using outdoor CPEs.
In case of larger capacity requirements per site, an additional WBS-2400 sector unit can be co-located in the same site pointing to a different or same direction.
Specifications WBS-2400 Sector
WEP (64 bit or 128 bit)
WPA, WPA2 :
• Encryption: TKIP, AES
• Authentication: Pre-Shared Key or 802.1x with RADIUS Server (EAP-TLS, PEAP, EAP TTLS)
• VPN pass-through
• Web-based configuration and management tool
• SNMPv2 with standard and Wavion MIB support
• Configuration save and restore
• Network and clients statistics
• HTTPS for Web-based management tools
Networking and QoS
• Multiple SSIDs / BSSIDs
• 802.1q VLAN support
• 802.1p, ToS or DSCP QoS support
• WMM support
• 1 Auto-sensing 10/100 Ethernet
•One Ethernet port LINK\ACT LED indicator
• System Status LED indicator
• RF channel status indicator
• PoE: 55VDC, 25 W (only with Wavion PoE injector)
• AC option: 110 - 220VAC, 25W
• Operating temperature range: -40¡ÆC to +55¡ÆC
• Storage temperature range: -45¡ÆC to +85¡ÆC
• Weather rating: IP67
• Wind survivability: 165 mph
• Shock & Vibration: ESTI 300-192-4 spec T41.E
• Transportation: ISTA2A
•RF: FCC 47 CFR part 15, Class C, EN 300328
• Safety: TUVus, UL 60950-1:2003, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No.60950-1-03, EN 60950-1, IEC 60950-1
• EMC: 47 CFR Part 15, Subpart B, Class B (USA), EN 301489-1, EN 300328
Physical Dimensions (without mounting brackets):
• Height: 9 cm
• Length: 39 cm
• Width: 36 cm
• Weight: 4.6 Kg
• IEEE 802.11b/g compliant
• Frequency band: 2.402-2.483 GHz
• 802.11b: DSSS (DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK)
• 802.11g: OFDM (64QAM, 16QAM, QPSK, BPSK)
RX Sensitivity (typical):
Rate (802.11g)(Mbps) Sensitivity (dBm)
6 - 99.5
9 - 97.5
12 - 96.5
18 - 95
24 - 92
36 - 89
48 - 85
54 - 83
Rate (802.11b) (Mbps) Sensitivity (dBm)
1 - 102.5
2 - 100
5.5 - 97.5
11 - 93